Monday, June 18, 2007

25 Minutes To Go

Well, I actually have something closer to 18 hours, but the sentiment is the same. I'm about to leave Asia for a while and head back to Canada. I'll be there for an undetermined length, but I'm looking at trying to get from one coast to the other while the weather stays warm.

I'm sitting in the lobby of my hotel in Bangkok and trying to pass the time. The city itself smells like a combination of feces, urine, and anger. It's an impatient city with a driving pulse and fortunately it's really raining hard which may or may not wash some of the stench away.

I've talked to a lot of Japanese people on this trip who make a point of visiting only Bangkok when they're in Thailand, and I absolutely cannot see why anyone would do this.

The internet clock says that I have three minutes left before I'm cut off so I'll say only this: I miss all of you who are reading this, whether I left you behind in Canada nearly three years ago or met you along the way on my Asian adventure. I'm coming home and looking forward to it, especially considering that the travels won't end until I decide that I have to come out of retirement. I'm going to try and link some photo albums from Facebook to the blog, but if you're really antsy sign up over there and explore all you like.

I'm coming home!

No comments: