Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Hisashiburi

As if to say, "Who is this guy?"

Sorry about that. This post was sitting saved as a draft for a long time before I realized that I hadn't published it online for you. So for those of you who are thinking that I'd already failed at my post-a-day promise, you'll be pleasantly surprised to know that I'm actually just somewhat incompetent making sure they get out there.

Well, things are back to the way they used to be. The gang was reunited in and everything fell back into place. Having slept on the plane I've suffered little jet-lag, though I'm exhausted from the excitement of seeing all of the old faces I know so well. It's good to be home.

The feeling of normalcy was the most abnormal part of seeing everyone. Brit ordered chicken wings. I ate a roast beef sandwich and drank a Stella Artois. At one point, I felt like taking a picture of an English stop sign because it was just so foreign to me. I realized that it probably wouldn't mean to same thing if I looked at it out of context, once I had been home for awhile.

Knowing that, yet again, I'm not here to stay makes these moments with these people all the more precious. Hopefully we'll have quite a few more before I take off once again.

Nice to see you again, dudes.

December is (still) update-a-day month! To read all the posts this month, click here!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Pesnyak? He looks like Carson Daly! And I should know, since I've been playing bass for the houseband of LastCall! Merry Christmas, duder - you know I'd be taking your ass to Col. Mustards for some Caffreys if I were in town. If you ever have a stop-over in LA - let me know!!