Sunday, December 17, 2006

Wiped


As you read this, assuming it's not July 2007 by now, I'm probably in transit. Admittedly, that's the story of my life. Most of the time I spend "at work" here in Japan is actually time spent on the trains or buses getting to where I need to be because I teach all over the Hyogo Prefecture at different schools wherever a handsome young Canadian is needed to teach the Japanese leaders of tomorrow how to speak English. In short, I'm always on the run.

But today is a special kind of transit. Tonight and tomorrow morning I'm getting ready for my big return to Toronto. It's been an exhausting process. This is the last airplane trip I'll be making to Toronto while living and working in Japan. As a result, I've had to pack up most of my belongings in the suitcases to avoid having to ship everything home. When I get back to Japan on January 3rd, it's back to the grindstone until the 20th when I finish my contract and get ready to leave on my huge Asian adventure. Essentially, anything I want back in Canada I have to take now.
This wouldn't be so much of an issue were it not for the fact the my single suitcase is already loaded with Christmas goodies and souvenirs.

Half of my clothing is rammed into my carry-on and I've also got a heavy guitar to bring with me. And the world's heaviest laptop. I'm pretty sure that if I was to actually use this computer on my lap it would completely burn out all of my gametes, both now and forever. So it's going to be an exercise in
perseverance. o
ver the next 40 hours. My route runs as follows:

Osaka
-> Tokyo -> Dallas -> Toronto

I'll be a sleepy panda when I get back, but don't let that stop you from reaching me if you want to hang out. You know I'm good for it.

December is update-a-day month! To read all the posts this month, click here!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

well, not in this particular photo (haha), but in the others posted, you still look like the same good-hearted christian that left us. two years doesn't seem to have changed that :)

welcome home soon!

adrienne